Wednesday 1 March 2017

Sweet Tilda as a Shepherd

Hello lovely peeps!!!

I hope this week has started off brilliantly for you, just as it did for me :)

Today I have a new card to share with you - this time it's a cute criss-cross card, featuring Tilda as a Shepherd. This was from the 2010 Easter Collection (yeah, quite a long time ago, but nowadays antiques are more valued !! :)) She IS cute, and as Easter is next in line, I thought why not use it again?





This time I experimented and risked more with colouring, by adding more detailed grass and a cloudy sky. I will continue to perfect this skill, but I really love the effect. Actually all the colouring (Tilda and the lamb are coloured with DI, while the grass and sky are coloured in Copics) came out very nicely, at least I am pleased with it! :)






This is the insert of the card, which I decorated with die-cuts, gold ribbon, self-adhesive flat back gems (can't do a card without them, at least if it is not a masculine card), and a punched butterfly; embellished with pearls and Stickles.






From this angle you can notice the dimension of the flowers, the Stardust Stickles on her socks, on the lamb's cute blue bow and on Tilda's hair bows.





In this image one can observe the completed card - with the insert in place. I also got to play with my new Parsley and rocket salad die; I really like the effect it adds to the bouquet.

Materials used for this card:

Papers - Magnolia for the main card, loose paper from my stash for  the insert (don't know the name)

Embellishments: paper doily, lace, self-adhesive pearls, flowers form my stash, Stardust Stickles, White gel pen

Stamps used: Magnolia, Stempelglede (for the inside of the card), and the round sentiment stamp - I forgot its name - sorry!

Dies: Magnolia, Sizzix Emily Atherton, Spellbinders Circles and Scalloped Circles, Spellbinders swirls.





Distress Inks used:

Skin: Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick
Dress and bows: Stormy sky, Weathered Wood, Black Soot
Shoes, Pumice Stone, Black Soot
Staff and Hair : Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Lamb: Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Antique Linen, Worn Lipstick


Copics: Grass: G82, G99
Sky: B0000, B91, C00, N0


Some challenges for this sweetie pie :)

Magnolia forever #51 - Ribbon and Lace
Dies R Us challenge blog #68 - Something New - My "new" is the Magnolia Parsley and Rocket Salad die
Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia #143 - Anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday challenge - Anything goes
Deep Ocean Challenge  #149 - Add lace
Ribbon Girl - Use any image
Stempelsonne challenge - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #272-273 - Anything goes
Midweek Magnolias #159 - Bingo: I chose the line Lace, Magnolia stamp, Pastels
Paradise of Stamps #54 - Spring Team 1
Creative Inspirations  #269 - Petals and pearls
Simply Magnolia - Easter
Noor design! March challenge  - Spring


I am leaving you with this cute Tilda shepherd, but let me remind you of our Good Shepherd, who is always there to guide and lead us all through the journey. May you have a fruitful Lenten time.

Sending each of you a big hug, and thank you for the comments you leave me, I take time to read each one, and when it is possible, to reply. If you have any questions to ask, you can also communicate with me on my Fb page for my Creations: Cards by Rosette

Blessings

38 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, gorgeous colouring and love the clouds, they look amazing.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you! Thank you Tracy for taking the time to stop and leave a comment. I am glad that you liked it! Hugs, R

      Delete
  2. Dear Rosette!
    Thanks for your hugs and blessings on your blog for your followers. May be you make me change my point of view because in former times I didn't like "Tilda", I always miss her mouth.....Bur your Tilda as a Sheperd is so sweet! And all the pretty details! Thanks!
    Eva from Austria/Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Eve thanks a lot for your kind comments. I know, she does not have her full face features, but she IS cute all the same! There's a sweetness in her that I find it irresistible!! :) If you want to give these stamps a try, I know that there is a Store which is having a very good sale with thee older Tilda stamps right now. Big hugs sent your way. Hugs, R

      Delete
  3. WOW Rosette, this is simply stunning! your colouring is gorgeous and I love the design! Thank you for sharing with us at LHOSM, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina sweetie :) I'm glad you like it xxx Have a wonderful week Gina. Hugs, R

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Thanks for joining at Magnolia Forever: Ribbon and Lace
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dewi dear! :) It's such a pleasure to be able to participate! Hugs, R

      Delete
  6. Rosette, this is breathtaking! You did an amazing job with your design :) Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Dies R Us.

    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Barbara dear!! Have a wonderful week :) Hugs, R

      Delete
  7. WOW this is absolutely gorgeous!! Great coloring!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eulanda :) Wishing you the very best! Hugs, R

      Delete
  8. Hello, Rosette! This is absolutely stunning, and you are such a talented artist. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by Word Art Wednesday and play along in our challenges. It's such a blessing to have you join us and I hope you will visit again soon and often. Have a wonderful and creative week.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for the opportunity, and for finding some time to come again at my blog and leaving some love!! :) Hugs, R

      Delete
  9. Wow!! once again you have a beautiful masterpiece here, your colouring and composition are superb. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring us over at Magnolia-licious Challenge. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...sweetie this is stunning, you have nothing to perfect as your colouring is already PERFECT!! I love the sky & grass its fantastic, love the whole design & such an awesome stamp Love it sweetie!!
    Thanks for joining us over at LHOSM, hope you will join us again. Good luck hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky for your swwt comment. I think my passion for card making shows in the hours I spend on each card to achieve the desired effect 😊 Glad you came back to visit my blog. Hugs, R

      Delete
  11. What a gorgeous card.....Colored so beautiful and with so many lovely details. I realy love this.
    Thanx for joining the challenges at:
    LHOSM
    Simply Magnolia
    and Paradise of Stamps.
    Can't wait to see your gorgeous cards again.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so kind of you Plony. I so apprecite your comment. Wishing you the best. R

      Delete
  12. such a wonderful card, Rosette! I love all the details and cute image, habe it myself and really should use it again. I am not really into Easter as I think of all the baby animals that are killed for food and I cannot cope with this and therefore celebrate my love for God with vegan food. I am sure he does not want us to kill all these babies in such a cruel way.
    Oh, you are the lucky winner of my candy :)
    Have a lovely Sunday, love!
    Big hugs, Ally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Ally.. I'm doing the happy jump here!!! Fro two reasons: for the wonderful comment you left me, AND for the lovely, super candy that I won :) If you knew how much I appreciate them already!!! Thanks, and may god bless you - xxx p.s. I agree with you, not right to kill ALL those animals just to eat them Hugs dear Ally, R

      Delete
  13. A beautiful card Rosetta and your colouring is fantastic!! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. thanks a lot Marlies dear xxx thank you for being here, Hugs, r

      Delete
  14. Rosette, Your card is beautiful! Love your colouring of everything even your experiment with the clouds and grass. It is all wonderful. This image is perfect for Easter isn't it?
    Love and Blessings, Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I just love this image for Easter, even though obviously Easter for me is more about the Resurrection of Jesus etc.. but it does make a sweet adding to a card!! Thank you fro your lovely comment Candy. I hope you will be coming again! love hearing from all of you

      Delete
  15. This is beautiful, so pretty. Thanks for joining in at Creative inspirations this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie dear xx I hope you're having a wonderful week. Hugs, R

      Delete
  16. Hi it's simply stunning adore the background and the inside is beautiful really inspiring ! Thank you for joining us in The Midweek Magnolias Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsty-Anne!! It's such a joy for me to create :)

      Delete
  17. Hi Rosette,

    What a beautiful card you created.

    Hugs Bianca.
    DT Magnolia Forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Bianca. I appreciate you takign the time to comment. Bless you

      Delete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous! Your colouring is brilliant!
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara xxx Coming from you, who colours fantastically..... xxx

      Delete
  19. Fantastic creation and lovely coloring. Thank you for joining us at Simply Magnolia challenge. Hugs
    Laurigami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearest xxx I appreciate you taking the time to comment xx

      Delete
  20. This is a beautiful spring card - love the flowers. A fabulous design with a beautifully coloured image. Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete